|COLONEL JOHN O HOLM|
Colonel Holm is the first Commandant and is standing up the recently chartered Air Advisor Academy at Joint Base McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst, NJ. He leads Air Advisor courses for CENTCOM, AFRICOM, and SOUTHCOM that teach Core Air Advisor skills, Language, Region and Cultural Studies as well as Combat Skills to over 1500 deploying Air Advisors annually.
Most Recently, Col Holm was the Deputy Group Commander of the 336 Training Group "AF SERE School" at Fairchild AFB, WA. In 2010 Col Holm returned from a deployment as an Mi-17 Instructor Pilot and Deputy Group Commander for the 438th Air Expeditionary Advisor Group, Kabul Afghanistan where he led a joint/combined organization to advise, train and assist Afghan National Security Forces.
Col Holm was raised in Portland, Oregon and received his commission upon graduating from the Army ROTC program at Western Oregon State College in 1990. He has served as an operations officer and has commanded at the detachment and squadron level. Additionally, he served as the Rescue Coordination Center Director for Joint Operations in the Horn of Africa.
Col Holm completed undergraduate helicopter training in 1991 and has served as a pilot, instructor pilot, flight examiner and is a Command Pilot with more than 2,900 flying hours. He has flown combat search and rescue missions in Operations JOINT ENDEAVOR, ENDURING FREEDOM, NORTHERN and, SOUTHERN WATCH.
1990 Bachelor of Arts in International Relations, Western Oregon State.
1990 Medical Service Corps Basic Course, Ft Sam Houston, TX
1994 Aviation Officer Advanced Course, Ft Rucker, AL
1999 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL.
2001 Masters degree in Human Relations, Univ of Oklahoma, OK.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, (correspondence)
2007 Air War College, (correspondence)
1. July 1984 - Oct 1984, Basic Training/Combat Engineer Advanced Individual Training, US Army, Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
2. Oct 1984 - July 1986, Combat Engineer, 547th Engineer Battalion, Darmstadt, Germany
3. July 1986 - Jun 1990, Oregon National Guard/College
4. Jun 1990 - Oct 1990, Student, Army Medical Service Corps Officer Basic Course, Ft. Sam Houston, TX
5. Oct 1990 - Jul 1991, Student, Army UH-60 Initial Entry Rotary Wing Course, Ft. Rucker, AL
6. Jul 1991 - Oct 1993, UH-60 Medevac Pilot, 377 Medical Company (Air Ambulance), Korea
7. Oct 1993 - Jun 1994, Student, Army Aviation Officer Advanced Course, Ft Rucker, AL
8. Jun 1994 - Nov 1996, UH-60 Medevac Pilot/Maintenance Test Pilot, 45 Medical Company (Air Ambulance), Ansbach, Germany
9. Nov 1996 - Dec 1999, Flight Commander/HH-60G Pilot, 66 Rescue Squadron, Nellis AFB, NV
10. Dec 1999 - Jun 2002, Chief of Safety/HH-60G Instructor Pilot, 85 Group, Keflavik, Iceland
11. Jun 2002 - Jun 2004, HH-60 Evaluator Pilot/Assitant Director of Operations, 512 Rescue Squadron, Kirtland AFB, NM
12. Jun 2004 - Jun 2006, Chief HH-60G Evaluator Pilot, United States Air Forces Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
13. Jun 2006 - Jun 2007, Director of Operations, 22nd Training Squadron, Fairchild AFB, WA
14. Jun 2007 - Jun 2009, Commander, 66th Training Squadron, Fairchild AFB, WA
15. Jul 2009 - Jul 2010, Deputy Commander, 438th Air Expeditionary Advisory Group, Kabul, Afghanistan
16. Jul 2010 - Jul 2011, Deputy Commander, 336 Training Group, Fairchild AFB, WA
17. Jul 2011 - Present, Commandant, Air Advisor Academy, Joint Base McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst, NJ
Rating: Command pilot
Flying hours: More than 2,900, including 280 combat hours and 362 combat support hours.
Aircraft flown: UH-1H, UH-1N, OH-58, UH/HH-60G, Mi-17
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Combat Action Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global war on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1990
First Lieutenant June 1, 1992
Captain June 1, 1994
Major August 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 2006
Colonel January 1, 2012
(Current as of January 2012)