Luke (Gateway) East
Inbound/Outbound: Mon.-Fri. 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Outbound Only: Mon.-Fri. 2 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
Closed: Sat.-Sun. & Holidays
Luke (Gateway) West
Closed: Sat.-Sun. & Holidays
Mon.-Fri. 4 a.m.-8 p.m.
Sat.-Sun. 5 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Mon.-Fri. 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
Closed Sat.-Sun. & Holidays
Basic Military Trainees can sponsor visitor up to 10 guests to attend their graduation by following these steps:
1. In the event guests of a graduate did not receive their Basic Military Training (BMT) passes via mail after providing required information in advance for Visitor Access Request List (VARL) prior to graduation. Guests can verify if they meet all access requirements and were added to the BMT master listing by contacting 802 SFS BMT Processing at 210-671-7258/7244. After verification, guests can proceed to the VCC to obtain an access pass.
2. If required information for access was not provided in advance for the VARL. Trainees can meet guests (after being released from the ceremony) in person at the respective VCC to verify sponsorship.
Note: If a Trainee is requesting more than allowed 10 guests. The Trainee will need to submit a Deviation Request through their chain of command.
If you are a visitor with gate questions, please call the Luke East Gate Visitor Control Center at:
For Pass and Registration questions, please call:
As of September 15, 2016, identification cards from the following states will be denied access or must be escorted if they cannot present an alternate identification credential: American Samoa, Minnesota, Missouri and Washington.
Additionally, as part of DHS REAL ID phase implementation, starting Oct. 10, the following states will also require an alternate identification credential: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Guam, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, N. Marianas, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and the Virgin Islands.
To learn more about the Real ID act and how it will affect you, visit: http://go.usa.gov/xKXp5.
Active Duty members, retirees and their dependents (18 years or older), and Civil Service employees can sponsor up to 5 visitors for up to 30 days by completing the following steps:
1. Contact the Visitor Control Center (VCC) via government email, or in person to validate sponsorship.
2. Provide the visitor's full name, date of birth, driver's license number, and duration of visit to the VCC via government email to Lackland.VRC@us.af.mil. The visitor(s) must report to the VCC to receive base access passes.
Drivers on JBSA locations must have a valid driver's license, registration and proof of insurance; obey posted speed limits; wear seat belts at all times; use hands-free mobile devices.
Visitors (Community Partners, Sales Reps, etc)
Active Duty members and Civil Service employees can sponsor up to 5 visitors for up to 30 days by completing the following steps:
2. Provide the visitor's full name, date of birth and driver's license number to the VCC via government email in advance. This information may also be provided by the visitor upon their arrival to the VCC.
3. Receive visitor access approval or disapproval from VCC via government email or in person. For all approved access, visitors must report to the VCC to receive access credentials.
Contractors/Vendors (Construction, Custodial, Food Vendors, etc)
Active Duty members and Civil Service employees can sponsor contractors and vendors for up to 12 months by completing the following steps:
1. Contact their designated authorized sponsor or military point of contact (POC) to prepare the request for contractor/vendor access.
2. Submit access request containing contractor/vendors' full name, date of birth and driver's license number via to the Pass & Registration office via government email or in person at least 10 days in advance.
3. Pass & Registration will submit response to the POC’s email request. Provide tracking number valid for 60 days and list of individuals meeting base access criteria.
Note: Authorized sponsor designation must be submitted to the Pass & Registration and approved prior to requesting contractor/vendor access. The Pass & Registration will maintain a record of this designation.
Service Delivery (Towing, Taxi, Food/Furniture Delivery, etc)
Active Duty members, retirees and their dependents (18 years or older), and Civil Service employees can sponsor service delivery by completing the following steps:
1. Notify VCC of the pending service delivery via government email, or in person.
2. Provide sponsor's name, contact information, service delivery destination and name of the company providing the service.
3. The service provider must stop at the Gateway VCC to be vetted and issued an access pass.
Note: All commercial vehicles over 10,000 pounds will need to be processed at Growden or LTA search.
Events (Receptions, Parties, Meetings, etc)
Active Duty members, retirees and their dependents (18 years or older), and Civil Service employees can sponsor (one day) large events, parties, and/or meetings by completing the following steps:
1. Contact Pass & Registration via government email, or in person to building 9504 Valley Hi entrance to validate sponsorship.
2. Provide completed Entry Authorization List (EAL) request to the VCC or Pass & Registration via government email 802SFS.S5.Passregistration@us.af.mil or in person at least 10 days prior to the event.
3. The requestor will receive confirmation of the EAL with instruction for which Entry Control Point (ECP) their guests will use; the EAL will be posted at the respective ECP the morning of the event.
Note: Event attendees must bring valid identification proofing document and enter only at the approved ECP the day of the event.