Chief Master Sergeant Daniel P. Anderson is the Senior Enlisted Leader, Air Force Basic Military Training, 737th Training Group, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. He is responsible for the supervision, leadership and training of more than 750 permanent party personnel and a daily student load of more than 5,000. The 737th Training Group executes all aspects of the Air Force’s enlisted recruit training program, ensuring the orderly transition from civilian to military life for approximately 35,000 active duty Air Force and Space Force, Air National Guard, and Air Force Reserve non-prior service accessions annually.
Chief Anderson hails from Belmont, New Hampshire, and enlisted in the Air Force in November 2003. His background includes various duties as a Public Health Technician, Base Honor Guard Ceremonial Guardsman, Military Training Instructor, Additional Duty First Sergeant, Wing Inspection Team Lead (medical), Squadron Superintendent, and Group Senior Enlisted Leader. His assignments include tours in North Dakota, the United Kingdom, Texas, New Jersey, and Arizona.
Prior to his current assignment, Chief Anderson served as the Senior Enlisted Leader, 56th Medical Group, Luke AFB, Arizona. He has deployed as part of a four-member medical response team in support of humanitarian response operations as well as in support of Operations INHERENT RESOLVE and SPARTAN SHIELD.
2004 Public Health Apprentice Course, United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine, Brooks City-Base, Texas
2008 Airman Leadership School, Minot AFB, N.D.
2009 Associate of Applied Science, Public Health Technology, Community College of the Air (CCAF), Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2010 Military Training Instructor School, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
2012 Associate of Applied Science, Instructor of Technology and Military Science, CCAF, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2012 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
2013 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, National Defense University, by correspondence
2016 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2017 Air Force Medical Service Intermediate Executive Skills Course, San Antonio, Texas
2018 Professional Manager Certification, CCAF, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2019 Air Force Medical Home Executive Leadership Seminar, San Antonio, Texas
2020 Bachelor of Arts, International Politics (Cum Laude), The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa.
2020 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
1. November 2003 – December 2003, Trainee, 331st Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. January 2004 – April 2004, Student, United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine, Brooks City-Base, Texas
3. May 2004 – June 2005, Public Health Technician, 5th Medical Operations Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
4. July 2005 – July 2007, Public Health Technician, 48th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
5. August 2007 – June 2010, NCOIC, Occupational Health, 5th Medical Operations Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
6. July 2010 – November 2011, Military Training Instructor, 324th Training Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
7. November 2011 – March 2013, Military Training Instructor, 322d Training Squadron, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
8. March 2013 – January 2014, MTI Trainer, 323d Training Squadron, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
9. January 2014 – July 2015, Instructor Supervisor, MTI School, 737th Training Support Squadron, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
10. August 2015 – May 2019, Superintendent, 87th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
(October 2016, Public Health Technician, 621st Contingency Response Group, JTF-Matthew, Port-au-Prince, Haiti)
11. June 2019 – January 2022, Senior Enlisted Leader, 56th Medical Group, Luke AFB, Ariz.
(October 2020 – April 2021, Superintendent, 378th Expeditionary Medical Squadron, Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia)
12. January 2022 – Present, Senior Enlisted Leader, USAF Basic Military Training, 737th Training Group, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
2006 USAFE Public Health Airman of the Year
2006 Air Force Sergeants Association Chapter 1669 First Term Airman of the Year
2006 48th Aerospace Medicine Squadron Airman of the Year
2007 5th Medical Operations Squadron Airman of the Year
2008 Distinguished Graduate, Airman Leadership School
2009 Air Force Association’s Pitsenbarger Scholarship Recipient
2010 Excellence in Instruction Award, Military Training Instructor School
2010 Distinguished Graduate, Military Training Instructor School
2012 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2014 Joint Base San Antonio Military Ambassador
2014 AETC Master Instructor
2014 Master Military Training Instructor “Blue Rope”
2014 737th Training Group Senior Noncommissioned Officer Technical Training Instructor of the Year
2016 AMC Society of USAF Flight Surgeons Team Aerospace of the Year
2017 USAF Medical Readiness Team of the Year
2017 AMC Society of USAF Flight Surgeons Team Aerospace of the Year
2018 AMC Director of Safety Special Achievement Team Award
2018 AMC Society of USAF Flight Surgeons Team Aerospace of the Year
2019 AETC Best Ambulatory Clinic Patient Safety Program
2021 Air Force Association’s Colonel Loren J. and Lawona R. Spencer Scholarship Recipient
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Nov. 10, 2003
Airman May 10, 2004
Airman First Class March 10, 2005
Senior Airman Nov. 10, 2006
Staff Sergeant Aug. 1, 2008
Technical Sergeant July 1, 2011
Master Sergeant July 1, 2014
Senior Master Sergeant March 1, 2017
Chief Master Sergeant December 1, 2019
(Current as of February 2022)